Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing in Seattle and Bellevue
Sciton Profile Laser System
One of the best laser instruments is now available for your individualized needs. This state-of-the-art machine delivers a range of services:
- Superficial peels.
- Treatment of facial veins and redness.
- Treatment of dark sun spots.
- Treatment of neck aging.
- Treatment of fine wrinkles of face, hand and neck.
- Laser hair removal for dark skin colors.
Who is a candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- If you have fine facial skin wrinkles.
- If you have areas of hyperpigmentation (age spots).
- If you have uneven skin as a result of acne scarring.
- If you have sun-damaged skin.
Intended results of Laser Skin Resurfacing:
- Smoother, more youthful-looking skin with more uniform color.
- Marked improvement of acne scarring.
Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure description
- The procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and sedation.
- The laser removes the superficial layers of the skin. The advantage of the laser is that the depth of treatment is extremely controlled and predictable.
- The laser treatment also tightens the skin.
- Most patients will undergo preoperative skin conditioning to reduce postoperative pigmentary changes.
Recuperation and healing following Laser Skin Resurfacing:
- Our skin care specialist will provide you with the necessary post-operative medication regimen, with specific instructions.
- Depending on the location of the Laser Skin Resurfacing, the areas are covered with a tape-like material for the first 24 hours.
- The above post-operative treatment will prevent formation of a crust or scab. Healing will be complete in 7-10 days.
- Redness (pink color) will usually last 1-3 weeks, depending on your complexion.
- Some redness can persist for 30 days.
Other options besides Laser Skin Resurfacing:
- Other facial procedures that enhance the results include, brow lift, lip augmentation, Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) and Facelift.
- Advances in laser technology have dramatically improved the recuperation time that was classically associated with some of the older lasers such as the CO2. The Erbium Yag Sciton Laser is state-of-the-art in all elements of resurfacing.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on Laser Skin Resurfacing and other plastic surgery procedures — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure.